|Course Archives Statistical Quality Control & Operations Research Unit|
Course: Total Quality Management
Time: Currently not offered
| Syllabus |
Syllabus: Quality Management: Basic concepts. Elements of Quality and Management Quality policies and goals. Economics of Quality.
Organising for Quality: Evolution of organisation for quality, co-ordination of quality activities, role of upper management, middle management, work force and teams. Self managing teams, quality circles. Culture, Motivation, Creating and maintaining quality awareness, Achieving total commitment to quality-various approaches.: Juran, Deming, Ishikawa & Taguchi.
TQM Principles: Customer satisfaction Customer Perception of Quality, Customer Complaints, Service Quality, Employee Involvement Motivation, Empowerment, Continuous Process Improvement 5S, Kaizen, Supplier Quality Partnering, sourcing, Supplier Selection, Supplier Rating.
TQM TOOLS: Benchmarking Reasons to Benchmark, Benchmarking Process, Quality Function Deployment (QFD) House of Quality, QFD Process, Benefits, Taguchi Quality Loss Function, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) Concept.
Quality Management & Assurance systems: Developing and establishing quality management and assurance system. Basics of ISO 9000, TS 16949, ISO 14000 systems, Quality Audit, Accreditation systems.
1. Quality planning and Analysis: By J.M. Juran and F.M. Gryna, Tata McGraw Hill.
2. Total quality Control: By A.V. Feigenbaum, McGraw Hill.
3. Quality Handbook: By J.M. Juran (Ed.), McGraw Hill.
4. Total Quality Management- A practical approach: By H. All, Wiley Eastern.
5. Handbook of Quality Management: By D.Lock (Ed.), Jaico
6. ISO 9001,14001 & TS 16949 Quality Assurance System Standards
Top of the page
Top of the page
[Indian Statistical Institute]