Application of mathematical morphology to compute basic measures, in the summer school on Application of mathematical morphology in pattern studies, 15th May, 1992.
New mathematical tools to study structural dynamics, in Andhra University Research Forum, on 21st August, 1995.
Attempts to establish an integrated mathematical approach to study certain geoscientific aspects, A.P. Akademi of Sciences, Visakhapatnam. Regional Centre, on 17th November, 1995.
Advanced mathematical tools to study certain geo-scientific aspects, Indian National Science Academy (INSA), New Delhi, on 3rd April, 1996.
Mathematical tools to study shapes, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), Bangalore Centre, on 15th May, 1996.
Fractal and mathematical morphological applications to study natural processes, at Centre for Space Science Technology & Education-Asia Pacific Region (CSSTE-AP), affiliated to United Nations, Dehra Dun, 3 March 1998.
Numerical simulations using first order nonlinear difference equation to study highly ductile symmetrical folds using bifurcation theory: a conceptual study, (INSA) young scientist medal contest- 17 March 1998.
Extraction of river networks from digital elevation models by applying mathematical morphological transformations, Centre for Remote Imaging Sensing, Processing (CRISP), National University of Singapore, 28 Jan 1999.
Exploring complex networks, during Faculty of Engineering and Technology monthly seminar series, 29 June 2002.
Geophysical Networks from DEM, and Allometric Power-law Relationships, during 6th University-wide seminar of Multimedia University, 30th May 2003.
Morphological Analysis of Digital Elevation Models (DEMs) and Associated Features, at Centre for Soft Computing Research, Indian Statistical Institute-Kolkata, on 10th September 2008.
Mathematical Morphology in Spatial Information Analysis, Three Lectures, at Andhra University College of Engineering, October 2008.
A series of eight lectures on 'Mathematical Morphology' at Centre for Remote Sensing, Andhra University College of Engineering, 6th-9th April 2009.
Curzonco-Seshachalam lecture (5) 2009, on Techniques for characterization and modeling of spatial phenomena, at Sarada Ranganathan Endowment for Library Science, Bangalore, on 15th June 2009.
Network extraction from Digital Elevation Models and analyses of networks via mathematical morphology, at University Centre for Earth and Space Sciences (UCESS), University Hyderabad, on 24th September 2009.
Visualization of spatio-temporal behavior of discrete maps via recursive generation of median elements, at University Centre for Earth and Space Sciences (UCESS), University Hyderabad, on 24th September 2009.
Modelling and simulation of geomorphologically relevant phenomena and processes in discrete space, at Group discussion meeting on Modelling and simulation: applications to earth sciences held at University Hyderabad, 22nd February 2010.
Cellular Automata (CA) model for urban analysis, at Workshop on Applying CA Model for Peri-Urbanization of Bangalore-An ISRO Sponsored Major Project work, Bangalore University, 18th September 2010.
Cartograms via Mathematical Morphology, at Workshop Honouring Prof. Jean Serra, SSIU, Indian Statistical Institute, 26th October 2010.
Median Maps and Cartograms via Mathematical Morphology, at Indian Statistical Institute-Karnataka Chapter, Bangalore, 25th February 2011.
Mathematical Morphology in Terrestrial Surface Characterization, at Electronics & Radar Development Establishment (LRDE), DRDO, Bangalore, 24th June 2011.
DRTC Annual Seminar on " Spatial Information Retrieval, Analysis, Reasoning, and Modelling", 18-20 March 2009. Seminar Website: www.isibang.ac.in/~sirarm
A 4-Day Course and a 2-Day Workshop: www.isibang.ac.in/~cwjs70
- Georges Matheron Lecture on Mathematical Morphology in Geomorphology and GISci, IAMG Invited Lesson, Salzburg, Austria, 6th September 2011.
- Mathematical Morphology: Theory and Applications, at TEQIP-II (Faculty Development Program) on Biostatistics-Statistical Analysis through Software Tools organized by BMS College of Engineering, Bangalore, 15 March 2013.
- Mathematical Morphology in Terrestrial Surface Characterization, at Institution of Engineers, Bangalore, on the occassion of -Mathematics for Planet Earth 2013 (MPE 2013), 07 March 2013.
- Directional Dilation Distances and Directional Granulometries for Quantitatuve Spatial Reasoning, at Department of Computer Science and Information Systems, University of Hyderabad, 08 March 2013.
- A series of six lectures delivered on "Mathematical Morphology and Image Analysis" during a summer school organized at the Kongu Engineering College, Erode, during 9-10 May 2013.
- A series of five lectures delivered during a workshop on "Image Pattern Analysis and Applications" organized jointly by the Amrita School of Engineering-Bangalore and the Indian Statistical Institute-Bangalore Centre, 09-10 November 2013.
- Invited lecture delivered on "Mathematical Morphology in mapping land and sea boundary from the images acquired via radar mechanisms", 13 November 2013, Electronics & Radar Development Establishment (LRDE)-DRDO, Bangalore.
- Invited lecture on "Mathematical Morphology in Earth Systems Science", 10 December 2013, Contact Programme Workshop on "Earth Surface Dynamics", Indian Institute of Technology-Gandhinagar, India.
- Brief presentation on activities of 'Bangalore Section IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Society Chapter', All India GRSS Council, Jodhpur, 12 December 2013
- Inaugural Lecture delivered on "Overview on Mathematical Morphology in Image Analysis", during
Two-Day National Seminar on "Recent Trends and Developments in the Field of Computer Vision", held at VR Siddhartha Engineering College, Vijayawada, AP, (20-21 Deecember 2013.
- Invited Lecture delivered on "Overview of Mathematical Morphology in Machine Vision", during Faculty Development Programme on "Intelligent Machines and Systems (20-24 January 2014), BMS College of Engineering, Bangalore. 23 January 2014.
- Invited Lecture delivered on "Introduction to Mathematical Morphology"during a workshop on "Spatial Information Analytics: Mathematical Morphology and Pattern Recognition", held on 28 Feb 2014, PES University, Bangalore.
- Invited Lecture delivered on "Mathematical Morphology in Spatial Interpolations" during a workshop on "Spatial Information Analytics: Mathematical Morphology and Pattern Recognition", held on 28 Feb 2014, PES University, Bangalore.
- Invited Lectures (Three in a series) on "(i) Overview on Mathemetaical Morphology, (ii) Mathematical Morphology in Spatial Interpolations, (iii) Mathematical Morphology in Image Analysis", 12 April 2014, National Institute of Technology-Surathkal, India.
- Keynote Address on "Mathematical Morphology in Image Processing and Analysis", 05 May 2014, ICICT, PESIT-Shimoga.
- Invited lecture on "Introduction to Mathematical Morphology and its Application in Geosciences", 29 September 2014, at DST-Training Program on Satellite Remote Sensing for Earth Science Research, University of Hyderabad.
- Invited lecture on "Mathematical Morphology in Geographical Information Science", 29 September 2014, at DST-Training Program on Satellite Remote Sensing for Earth Science Research, University of Hyderabad.
- A Series of 10 Lectures on "Mathematical Morphology in Geosciences and Geoinformatics", 15-16 October 2014, Pre IAMG-Conference Short-Course, Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi, India.
- Invited Talk on "Greyscale Morphological Inetrpolations and Morphing", 10 December 2014, at MIWAI (Multidisciplinary International Workshop on Airtifical Intelligence), at Bangalore, India.
- A series of 15 Lectures on "Mathematical Morphology in Spatial Ecology and Remote Sensing", 15-27 December 2014, during International Summer and Winter Term (ISWT), at Indian Institute of Technology-Kharagpur, India.
- Delivered an invited talk on "Overview on Mathematical Morphology and Applications", Recent Emerging Trends in Computer Science", PESIT, Bangalore, 09 January 2015.
- A series of 26 Lectures (90 minutes each) on "Mathematical Morphology in Geosciences", 24 March - 08 April 2015, during SERB-DST Summer School on "Mathematical Morphology in Geosciences", at Indian Statistical Institute-Bangalore, India.
- Invited lecture on "Spatial Interpolations: Weighted Skeletonization by Influence Zones (WSKIZ) and Morphological Medians", IIT-Bombay, 05 June 2015.
- Invited lecture on "Mathematical Morphology in Cartography", International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT)-Bangalore, 20 November 2015.
- Brief presentation on "Activity of Bangalore Section IEEE GRSS for the years during 2012-2015", Indian Statistical Institute-Bangalore Centre, 23 November 2015.
- DST-SERB Project Proposal Presentation on "Quantitative Characterization of Complex Topologically Prominent Components of Porous Media Derived from Rocks of Petrologic Significance via Mathematical Morphology and Fractal Geometry", 1st Program Assessment Committee Meeting held at Cottons College State University-Guwahati, 24 November 2015.