A Probability meeting to be named later
Indian Statistical Institute, Bangalore
May 12th - May 14th, 2017.
Venue: 2nd Floor Auditorium Main
The meeting is aimed at getting Probability researchers who
are close in geography in the asian region together. The goal is to
encourage joint collaborative research and discussions amongst all of us
on a regular basis. Towards this we shall be having our first such
meeting at the Indian Statistical Institute, Bangalore from May 12-14th,
We shall have 10 scheduled talks (see speaker list below) of 40 minutes and the rest will be informal sessions consisting of 14 short talks of 20 minutes spread over 2 and a half days.
Support: We thank the following for financial support:
- Indian Statistical Institute (Grant: DCSW project allocation)
- Science and Engineering Research Board (Grant: J.C. Bose Fellowship of Arup Bose),
- Univerity Grants Commission (Grant: ISF-UGC project of Siva Athreya)
- Vivek Borkar, Indian Institute of Technology,Bombay at Mumbai.
- Yogeshwaran Dhandapani, Indian Statistical Institute, Bangalore.
- Rajat Hazra, Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata.
- Sun Rongfeng, National University of Singapore, Singapore.
- Adrian Roellin, National University of Singapore, Singapore.
- Arvind Ayyer, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
- Alberto Gandolfi, New York University, Abu Dhabi.
- Daniel Stein New York University, Shanghai.
- Charles Newman New York University, Shanghai.
- Daniel Kious New York University, Shanghai.
If you are interested in participating in the meeting kindly let us know as soon as
possible (email to firstname.lastname@example.org) and no later than March 31, 2017.
Date: 13th May 2017
- Traditional South Indian dinner on a Banana leaf
Venue: Indian Statistical Institute, Canteen. Time: 7:30pm
Siva Athreya, Federico Camia, and Yogeshwaran Dhandapani.
This page was last modified on Saturday May 8th 2017.
[ Indian Statistical Institute ] [ Stat-Math Unit ]