|Course Archives Statistical Quality Control & Operations Research Unit|
Course:Capability Maturity Models
Time: Currently not offered
| Syllabus |
Syllabus: Introduction to Quality and Process Standards: What is Quality? How do you achieve quality? Role of process frameworks in achieving quality. Overview of different process standards in different areas.
ISO 9001: 2008: Introduction to ISO. Evolution of ISO 9001:2008. Clauses of ISO 9001:2008. Application of ISO 9001:2008. Audit.
Introduction to CMMi: Role of Software Engineering Institute in formulating Capability Maturity Model, Evolution of CMM and CMMI, Benefits of CMMI. Application of CMMi to Software and Systems. CMMi Model Representations. Process Areas in CMMi. Equivalence of two representations. Utility of the representations.
CMMi Staged Representation- details of practices in Levels 2, 3, 4, 5: Process Areas in different levels and use in SS, IPPD, Generic Goals and Specific Goals and Generic Practices and Specific Practices in 25 Process Areas. PA Diagram and Symbols used.
Implementing the practices in different levels: Techniques used to implement the practices at all levels.
Synergy between ISO 9001:2008 and CMMi: Terminology translation, mapping between ISO 9001:2008 and CMMi, ISO 9001: 2008-CMMI relationships, Synergy between ISO 9001:2008 Clauses and Process Areas, ISO 9001 requirements not covered by CMMi.
Introduction to ISO 15504 (SPICE): Structure of ISO 15504, Relationship to other standard, Capability Levels, Process Attribute in different Levels, Attribute Ratings, Process Assessment.
Synergy between CMMi and SPICE: Comparison of SPICE and CMMi, Similarities between CMMi - Continuous representation.
Migration to Six Sigma: From ISO 9001:2008, CMMi to Six Sigma, Similarities between CMMi Process Areas, and ISO 9001:2008 Clauses and Techniques in Six Sigma, Tools used in DMAIC.
1. ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems- Requirements: By International Organization for Standardization, Reference Number ISO 9001:2000(E)
2. CMMI Distilled: By D M Ahern, A Clouse, R Turner, Pearson Education, 2004
3. The Six Sigma Way: By P S Pande, R P Neuman, R R Cavanagh, McGraw Hill Publication, 2000
4. Improving IT effectiveness through software process assessment: By Craigmyle, M., and I. Fletcher, Software Quality Journal, Vol. 2, pp. 257-264 (1993).
5. Managing the Software Process: By Humphrey, W.S., Addison Wesley, 1989.
6. Capability Maturity Model, Version 1.1: By Paulk, M.C., Curtis, B., Chrissis, M.B. and Weber, C.V. IEEE Software, Vol. 10, No. 4, July 1993, pp. 18-27.
7. Information technology Process assessment: By ISO/IEC 15504-1:2004.
Top of the page
Top of the page
[Indian Statistical Institute]