ACADEMIC AND ADMINISTRATIVE ACTIVITIES
1. I supervised the Phd thesis of Mr.Binod Kumar Sahoo at Indian Statistical
Institute. The degree was awarded by Indian Statistical Institute in the
year 2007. (Topic: Nonabelian representations of some finite geometries).
2. I have served as a thesis examiner for the Phd thesis of Ms. B.Vanaja
Meenakshi submitted to Osmania University in 2003 (Topic: Some constructions
of Combinatorial designs).
3. I have served as a thesis examiner and conducted the viva examination
for the Phd thesis of Mr.Nilabh Sanath written at Harish-Chandra Research
Institute and submitted to the Allahabad university in 2002 (Topic:
Representation theory of finite groups of Lie type).
4. I have Served on selection/promotion committees for faculty at Indian
Statistical Institute and at University of Madras.
5. I was a member of the Board of Physical Sciences, North-Eastern Hill
University, Shillong, during 1997-99.
6. I have been an occasional referee to
7. I have served as a member of various selection committees, and several
times the Chairman of the selection committees, for B. Math. B. Stat., M.
Stat. and Ph.D. courses at Indian Statistical Institute.
- Journal of Algebra,
- Codes, Designs and Cryptography,
- Proceedings of the Indian Academy of sciences (Mathematical Sciences)
- Journal of Pure and Applied Algebra.
- I am the Head of the Indian Statistical Institute, Bangalore Centre,
from November 14, 2011.
- I was officiating as the Head of the Indian Statistical Institute,
Bangalore Centre during the following periods: November 24 to December
21, 2009, September 1 to October 31, 2010, and September 1, to November
- I was the Professor-in-Charge of the Division of Theoretical Statistics
and Mathematics of Indian Statistical Institute, for one year from
October 1, 2007.
- I was the Head of the Theoretical Statistics and Mathematics unit of
Indian Statstical Institute at its Bangalore centre from April 1,
2003-January 1, 2006.
This page: http://www.isibang.ac.in/~nsastry
Last modified: November 15, 2011
[Indian Statistical Institute]