|Course Archives Statistical Quality Control & Operations Research Unit|
Course: Trouble Shooting & Problem Solving For Quality Improvement
Instructor: U H Acharya
Room: Annex room of PJA
Time: Currently offered
| Syllabus |
Syllabus: Definition of QC problems. Problem solving approach from QC viewpoint. Mindset, quality first, consumer orientation, PDCA cycle (2 hours). Priority consciousness and management by facts. Process control, dispersion control, recurrence prevention, standardization. Benefits of QC problem solving approach. QC seven step formula. Selecting topics, understanding situation and setting targets, planning activities, analyzing causes, considering and implementing counter-measures. Checking results, standardizing and establishing control. Major SQC tools & techniques. Case studies. Outline of Software Packages available.
1. Process Quality Control: Trouble shooting and Interpretation of Data, (2005): By Ellis R. Ott, Edward G. Schilling, Dean V. Neubauer, Edward G. Schilling, 4 th Edition, ASQ Quality Press
2. Trouble Shooting Manufacturing Processes, (1988): By Soc. of Manufacturing Engineers (SME), Michigan, USA,
3. Statistical Methods For Quality Improvement, (1987): By Hitoshi Kume. Productivity Press, 1987.
4. Statistical Methods For Quality Improvement, (2000): By Thomas P. Ryan, John Wiley & Sons. (Wiley Series in probability & Statistics).
5. Quantitative Methods For Quality And Productivity Improvement (1989): By Robert F. Hart, Marily K. Hart, ASQ Quality Press.
6. Tools And Methods For The Improvement Of Quality,(1989): By Gitlow, Oppenheim, Richard D, Irwin Inc.
Top of the page
Top of the page
[Indian Statistical Institute]