|Course Archives Statistical Quality Control & Operations Research Unit|
Course: Six Sigma-Business Excellence Strategy & Problem Solving Framework
Time: Currently not offered
| Syllabus |
Syllabus: Introduction to Six Sigma with key concepts. Principles of Six Sigma, DMAIC Philosophy. Overview of Six Sigma tools and techniques. Balance Score Cards, Quality Function Deployment (QFD), SPC tools, DOE, Regression, Multivariate Analysis etc. Six Sigma Management Models. Six Sigma Organisation. Executive leader, champion/sponsor, master black belts, black belts, green belts, yellow belts and professional of such competent levels. Lean Six Sigma. DFSS, Innovation Vs. DFSS. Six Sigma Implementation leadership and people management, teamwork, systems and process management including benchmarking and self-assessment. EFQM Business Excellence Models. Components of business excellence models, Six sigma as route to Business Excellence.
1. Six Sigma For Business Excellence,( 2005): By Penelope Przekop, McGraw-Hill
2. Design For Six Sigma, (2003): By Greg Brue, Robert Launsby, McGraw-Hill
3. What Is Design For Six Sigma,(2005): By Roland Cavanagh, Robert Neuman, Peter Pande, Tata McGraw-Hill
4. The Six Sigma Way: How GE, Motorola, And Other Top Companies Are Honing Their Performance, (2000): By Peter S. Pande, Robert P. Neuman, Roland R. Cavanagh, McGraw-Hill
5. What Is Lean Six Sigma,(2004): By Mike George, Dave Rowlands, Bill Kastle, McGraw-Hill
6. Six Sigma Business Scorecard, (2004): By Praveen Gupta, McGraw-Hill
7. Six Sigma Deployment,(2003): By Cary W. Adams, Charles E Wilson Jrs, Praveen Gupta, Elsevier Science.
Top of the page
Top of the page
[Indian Statistical Institute]