|Course Archives Statistical Quality Control & Operations Research Unit|
Course: Statistical Process Control I
Instructor: Boby John
Room: Annex room of PJA
Time: Currently offered
| Syllabus |
Syllabus: Introduction to SPC: Concept of quality, Quality control and Quality improvement;Role of SPC in this context, Concept of variation due to common and assignable causes; meaning of control, expected benefits of SPC.
Control Charts: a. Introduction to Shewhart Control charts, Statistical basis for control charts, Control chart for variables and attributes: X MR, Xbar R, Xbar s, np, p, c, u charts. b. Sloping control chart, Modified control charts, CUSUM chart, EWMA chart, Precontrol chart, Run Chart. c. Usage of statistical software (like Minitab, SPSS, Systat, Statistica, JMP etc) for construction of control chart with live data.
Process Capability Analysis: a. Process capability Analysis, process capability and machine capability indices (Cp, Pp, Cpk,PpkCpk) b. Estimation of process capability indices for live data by statistical software (like Minitab, SPSS, Systat, Statistica, JMP etc)
Measurement System Analysis: a. Measurement system analysis Definition of bias, linearity, stability, repeatability & reproducibility. Selection of appropriate gauge for measurement purpose. b. Estimation of measurement error (Repeatability & Reproducibility) for variable data by ANOVA & Control Chart method. c. Estimation of Kappa for attribute data. d. Usage of statistical software (like Minitab, SPSS, Systat, Statistica, JMP etc) for estimation of Gauge R & R and Kappa values from live data.
Acceptance Sampling: a. Purpose of sampling inspection, Critique of acceptance sampling, Relevance of sampling inspection in todays technoeconomic scenario. b. Concept and definitions: Single Sampling, Double Sampling, Multiple sampling plans, AQL, LTPD, Type A and Type B OC function, ASN, AOQL and ATI for acceptance rectification plans. c. Sampling Schemes: Dodge &Romigs system of AOQL and LTPD plans; Sampling plans based on OC functions; Military Standards (105 D and 105 E)
1. Introduction to Statistical Quality Control, 5th Edition: By D.C.Montgomery, Wiley, N.Y.
2. Statistical Quality Control 6thedition : By E.L. Grant & R.S. Leavenworth, McGraw Hill, N.Y.
3. Quality Control and Industrial Statistics 5thedition : By A.J. Duncan, Irwin, Homewood, Ill.
4. Quality Control and Statistical Methods : By Edward M. Schrock, Asia Publishing House.
5. Statistical Process Control, Theory and Practice : By G.B. Wetherill & D.W. Brown, Chapmann& Hall, N.Y.
6. Dodge, H.F. and Romig, H. G. (1941). Single sampling and double sampling inspection tables. Bell Syst. Tech. J., 20, 1 61; reprinted in Dodge, H. F. and Romig, H. G. (1959). Sampling Inspection Tables, 2nd edn, Wiley, New York.
7. MIL STD 105D (1963). Sampling Procedures and Tables for Inspection by Attributes, U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington D.C
Top of the page
Top of the page
[Indian Statistical Institute]