|Course Archives Statistical Quality Control & Operations Research Unit|
Course: Project Management
Instructor: N S Narahari
Room: Annex room of PJA
Time: Currently offered
| Syllabus |
Syllabus: Project Management Framework: Introduction on Project Management, Project Management Lifecycles, Stakeholders, Project Management Processes, & its interactions, Organizational Influences, Project Management Process Mapping.
Project Integration Management: Project Planning, Project Execution & Monitoring & Control, Project Change Management, Project Closure.
Scope Management: Scope Planning, Scope Definition, Scope Verification & Control.
Time Management: Activity Definition, Activity Sequencing, Activity Duration Estimation, Schedule Development & Control.
Cost Management: Cost Estimating, Cost Budgeting, Cost Control.
Quality Management: Quality Planning, Quality Assurance, Quality Control.
Human Resource Management: HR Planning, Acquire, Develop Manage Teams.
Communication Management: Communication Planning, Information Distribution, Performance Reporting.
Risk Management: Risk Planning, Risk Identification, Risk Analysis, Risk Management.
Procurement Management: Procurement Planning & Acquisition, Source Selection, Contract Management.
Advanced techniques in Project Management: PERT/CPM, Sequencing and Scheduling, Dependency Structure Matrix Analysis, M7Ttools, Decision Analysis.
1. The Art of Project Management Theory in Practice: By Scott Berkun, O Reilley, 2005.
2. Project Management: A Systems Approach to Planning, Scheduling and Controlling. By Herold Kerzner, John Wiley Inc., 2009.
3. Fundamentals of Project Management: By James P. Lewis, American Management Association, 2007.
4. Project Management: A Managerial Approach: By Jack R. Meredith and Samuel J. Mantel, John Wiley & Sons 2009.
5. Project Management: 24 steps to help you master any project: By Gary R. Heerkens, McGraw-Hill 2007.
Top of the page
Top of the page
[Indian Statistical Institute]