|Course Archives Theoretical Statistics and Mathematics Unit|
|Course: Topology I |
Instructor: Jishnu Biswas
Time: Currently not offered
Room: Currently not offered
Level: Ph. D Course
| Syllabus |
1. Topological Spaces: Topological spaces, Bases, Continuous maps, Subspaces, Quotient spaces, Products, Connectedness and Compactness.
2. Convergence: Nets, Filters, Limits; Convergence, Countability and Separation axioms.
3. Topological groups: Topological groups; Uniform structures, Products of Compact spaces; Compactifications.
4. Metrizability: Metrizability and Paracompactness, Complete Metric spaces and Function spaces.
5. Monodromy: Fundamental Group and Covering spaces.
[ Semester Schedule ][ SMU ] [Indian Statistical Institute]