|Course Archives Theoretical Statistics and Mathematics Unit|
Course: Statistics V
Instructor: Sunanda Bagchi
| Syllabus |
Syllabus: Sample Surveys (1/2 Semester): Scientific basis of sample surveys. Complete enumeration vs. sample surveys. Principal steps of a sample survey; illustrations, N.SS., Methods of drawing a random sample. SRSWR and SRSWOR: Estimation, sample size determination. Stratified sampling; estimation, allocation, illustrations. Systematic sampling, linear and circular, variance estimation. Some basics of PPS sampling, Two-stage sampling and Cluster sampling. Nonsampling errors. Ration and Regression methods.
1. W. G. Cochran: Sampling Techniques.
2. M. N. Murthy: Sampling Theory and Methods.
3. P. Mukhopadhyay: Theory and Methods of Survey Sampling.
Design of Experiments (1/2 semester): The need for experimental designs and examples, basic principles, blocks and plots, uniformity trials, use of completely randomized designs. Designs eliminating heterogeneity in one direction: General block designs and their analysis under fixed effects model, tests for treatment contrasts, pairwise comparison tests; concepts of connectedness and orthogonality of classifications with examples; randomized block designs and their use. Some basics of full factorial designs. Practicals using statistical packages.
1. A. Dean and D. Voss: Design and Analysis of Experiments.
2. D. C. Montgomery: Design and Analysis of Experiments.
3. W. G. Cochran and G. M. Cox: Experimental Designs.
4. O. Kempthorne: The Design and Analysis of Experiments.
5. A. Dey: Theory of Block Designs.
Top of the page
Top of the page
[ Semester Schedule ][ Statmath Unit ] [Indian Statistical Institute]